Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you have a little leftover crab, this is the perfect recipe. It makes 2 delicious crab cakes. Time includes 15 minutes for chilling.
- Combine the crabmeat, mayo, mustard, worcest. sauce, Old Bay Seasoning, bread crumbs, and beaten egg (I only use half of the beaten egg).
- Put bowl with mixture in freezer to chill for 5 minutes.
- Take bowl out and shape mixture into 2 patties. Wrap the patties with plastic wrap and put back in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Dredge patties carefully in flour and place in pan.
- Cook for about 6 minutes, until browned. Then carefully turn patties and cook the second side about 4 minutes.
I would avoid this recipe & enjoy precious crab meat with a better researched one.
I made this recipe on 1/13/13 for mine and my SO's dinner. And before getting on with my review I have to confess I did use imitation crabmeat ( it was on sale ). As a previous reviewer flower7, I too used an 8 ounce package. Other than the two changes I mentioned, the recipe was made exactly as written. And with the extra crabmeat, I was able to get 4 small patties. When dredging the patties in the flour they seemed like they were going to fall apart,so I used a spatula to transfer to a preheated cast iron skillet which I had added 3 Tablespoons each of the butter & olive oil. After tasting we both thought that it did need a bit more of a " KICK ". Other than that we thought they were pretty good, and give this recipe " A GOOD SOLID 4 ****'s " .Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "