Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from the Rachel Ray Show. I make it with Pork Chops With Cherry Pan Sauce - a great combination that my family loved - my almost 14 year old daughter actually ate everything on her plate!! ;) Love or hate RR, Don't knock it till you try it.
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 354.88 ml couscous
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 283.49 g package frozen peas, defrosted
- 59.14 ml slivered almonds, toasted
- 59.14 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped (about a handful)
- 4 sprig of fresh mint, leaves removed and chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Heat 1 1/2 cups of the chicken stock and 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the couscous, cinnamon, peas and salt and pepper to taste. Stir quickly to mix and take pan off the heat.
- Let couscous stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and stir in toasted almonds, parsley and mint.
Terrific dish! I served this with some grilled lamb steaks and the mint was a PERFECT accompaniment. Lamb and mint is always a winner winner dinner. A very nice recipe. Two thumb ups!
I love couscous since it's so quick and easy, and always tastes good. This recipe is no exception. I did not use the butter and only had 1 cup of stock left, but it was homemade stock, so was full of flavor - the other cup was water. I liked the addition of almonds and parsley, it added a nice touch to the finished product! Thanks! Made for Beverage Tag.
What a nice change of pace from plain ol' rice. The cinnamon makes this just a bit different and the crunch from the almonds and fresh herbs really add to the flavor. My BF doesn't like the texture of cous cous so for once I'll get some leftovers for lunch! Lucky Me!