Top Review by Pot Scrubber
Terrific dish! I served this with some grilled lamb steaks and the mint was a PERFECT accompaniment. Lamb and mint is always a winner winner dinner. A very nice recipe. Two thumb ups!
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, defrosted
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (about a handful)
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 1/2 cups of the chicken stock and 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the couscous, cinnamon, peas and salt and pepper to taste. Stir quickly to mix and take pan off the heat.
- Let couscous stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and stir in toasted almonds, parsley and mint.