Recipe by Diana #2
This corned beef is easy to prepare, and is so tasty you'll want to make it often. I like to serve it with Colcannon. If there are any leftovers, I slice it thinly and serve with mustard between slices of warm rye bread. Serving sizes will vary depending on the thickness of slices.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs corned beef (usually sealed in a plastic bag)
- 1 cooking onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove beef from the plastic bag and rinse.
- Place onion slices in the bottom of the crock pot. Place beef on top.
- Add bay leaf, cloves and peppercorns.
- Mix together the water, mustard and sugar. Pour over the beef.
- Cover, and cook on High for approximately 5 hours.
- When cooked, remove from the broth and allow to rest (covered loosely with foil) for 15 minutes before slicing.