Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I developed this recipe based on a soup we had a restaurant.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 medium potatoes
- Micro-bake the potatoes, peel, dice and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a soup pot until crisp.
- Drain bacon fat and set bacon aside.
- Cook celery and onion in the same pot as the bacon, until tender.
- Sprinkle flour over onion and celery, cooking for a few minutes.
- Whisk in milk, being careful to avoid lumps.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Add corn, potatoes and bacon.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
A very nice, Pennsylvania Dutch-style soup.