Recipe by Eyelyon
I made this up when I had a couple extra ears of corn, and wanted to try my new corn removal tool. It was sweet but creamy, and little bit savory. I had leftovers for lunch the next day and it was just as good!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 leek, diced
- 3 ears white corn, kernels removed
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 1⁄2 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute leeks in olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add corn and diced potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add stock, cook until potatoes are tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add parsley.
- Temper cream by ladling hot broth mixture into measuring cup until warm.
- Add cream to soup and stir.
- Lower temperature of soup to medium and cook for additional 5-10 minutes.