Recipe by threeovens
This recipe used instant potato flakes (like the ones to make mashed potatoes) to thicken the soup like a chowder.
- 340.19 g boneless chicken (either breasts or thighs are fine)
- 4 ear corn
- 907.18 g chicken broth
- 118.29 ml green bell peppers (about 1) or 118.29 ml red bell pepper, chopped (about 1)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 295.73 ml instant potato flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, combine chicken, corn and broth; bring to a boil, over high heat, then lower heat and simmer until chicken is no longer pink, about 12 minutes.
- Remove chicken and corn to a cutting board to cool slightly.
- Add, to the Dutch oven, half the green peppers; stir in milk and potato flakes.
- Shred chicken and return to pot.
- Cut corn from cobs and return to pot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with remaining green pepper and crushed red pepper flakes and/or paprika, if desired.