1/1 Photo of Simple Corn and Chicken Chowder
This recipe used instant potato flakes (like the ones to make mashed potatoes) to thicken the soup like a chowder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces boneless chicken (either breasts or thighs are fine)
- 4 ears corn
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers (about 1) or 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped (about 1)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups instant potato flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- 1In a Dutch oven, combine chicken, corn and broth; bring to a boil, over high heat, then lower heat and simmer until chicken is no longer pink, about 12 minutes.
- 2Remove chicken and corn to a cutting board to cool slightly.
- 3Add, to the Dutch oven, half the green peppers; stir in milk and potato flakes.
- 4Shred chicken and return to pot.
- 5Cut corn from cobs and return to pot.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve in individual bowls and garnish with remaining green pepper and crushed red pepper flakes and/or paprika, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Corn and Chicken Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 889.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 28.0 g