Recipe by mrsmeduck
This is a cold pizza made with salmon, cream cheese, mayo, dill, ranch dressing mix and capers. It's very simple and easy to make. The hardest part is baking the crust! I came up with this after trying a veggie pizza recipe that I really loved. This is a regular at family gatherings. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by earthpet
I made this exactly as directed except I cut the recipe in half (very easy to do). It was so rich and exquisite that I cannot understand how it took almost four years to finally get a review. Very easy recipe with interesting ingredients.
This was a mini adventure for me. I had never tried capers before. They are somewhat like little olives. I bought some Chicken of the Sea smoked salmon that is sold in a 3 oz. vacuum pack by the tuna in our Walmart. God only knows how old the dill weed was that I got out of our spice cabinet, but I used it.
This was an excellent and satisfying recipe for the salmon craze I have been going through lately. This would make a fancy appetizer at a party or pot luck.
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dill
- 1⁄2 ounce dry ranch dressing mix (1/2 pack)
- 2 ounces capers
- 16 ounces crescent roll dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll crescent roll dough to desired thickness into the shape of a square flat onto a cookie sheet. Bake according to package directions and allow one hour to cool.
- While crust is cooling mix softened cream cheese, mayo, dill and ranch dressing mix.
- Spread on cooled crust.
- Top with smoked salmon and capers, more or less to taste.
- Cut into desired number of pieces. Keep refrigerated.