Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
With all the health benefits backing coconut oil, you can feel good about eating this yummy chocolate everyday. These chocolates are smooth and tasty. Make them as large or small as you like for a portion controlled chocolate fix!
- Melt the coconut oil and add the honey. Whisk and add the cocoa powder. Whisk occasionally while pouring into a silicone ice cube tray or silicone mini muffin tray. Makes 12. Cool for 30 minutes in the fridge or freezer.
- Note: Time varies depending on how hot the coconut oil was when you started. If the oil is only just reached its melting stage, these will set in as little as 15 minutes.
- Optional Ingredients.
- 2 Tbsp of maca powder (mix in with the honey).
- 1 tsp orange rind (mix into the chocolate).
- seeds, nuts or dried fruit (sprinkle into the silicone trays).
- 1/4 cup dried coconut would be amazing… (mix into the chocolate).
- Recipe copied from www.beyondthepeel.net.
We've just started taking coconut oil for the health benefits. I tried a variation on this this morning to help taking it more pleasant. We do use it as a spread on toast, pop popcorn with it and also put it on the popped popcorn (yum!), but the recommended dose for health benefits is 3 Tablespoons per day. I took one tblspn coconut oil, added honey and cocoa, a dash of vanilla, some crispy cereal, mixed it up and put it on wax paper and popped it in the freezer for 20 minutes or so. The result is like a chocolate bar. I will have one of these just before every meal. It should help me feel satisfied earlier. Thanks.
Awful. I ended up with a slightly chocolaty (SUPER BITTER) oil concoction that just sat on top of the cocoa and sugar, which was clumped at the bottom of the bowl. Very disappointed.
This has a good taste but it is a bit too oily and melts in your hand not good for chocolate. I will have to work on this to make it more stable.I will try less oil and more of the organic coco.