Recipe by NRG Tribe
No sugar is needed because of the natural sweetness of the freeze dried coconut. This is a great way to use egg whites left over from shakes and other recipes that call for egg yolks. From Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon
- 4 egg whites
- 0.25 ml sea salt
- 591.47 ml freeze dried coconut, finely cut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line baking sheet with buttered parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and salt in a bowl to stiff peaks.
- Fold in enough coconut so mixture forms balls but not so much that mixture becomes crumbly.
- Place balls on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 200 degrees and bake for another hour until balls are chewy.
- Bake for several hours more if you like them crispy.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing them from parchment paper.
- Store in an airtight container.