1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
NRG Tribe's Note:
No sugar is needed because of the natural sweetness of the freeze dried coconut. This is a great way to use egg whites left over from shakes and other recipes that call for egg yolks. From Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups freeze dried coconut, finely cut
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line baking sheet with buttered parchment paper.
- 2Beat egg whites and salt in a bowl to stiff peaks.
- 3Fold in enough coconut so mixture forms balls but not so much that mixture becomes crumbly.
- 4Place balls on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- 5Reduce oven temp to 200 degrees and bake for another hour until balls are chewy.
- 6Bake for several hours more if you like them crispy.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing them from parchment paper.
- 8Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Coconut Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.2
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 93.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g