Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
This is a recipe that came with my Nordic Ware Nonstick Bouquet Mini Cake Pans. These are really cute pans in flower shapes. The pans are also very dark. If you were to make this in lighter coloured pans you would probably want to increase the oven temperature to 350, although I haven't tried to do so.
Top Review by HokiesMom
I made these using a Nordicware floral shape cupcake pan and received 12 cupcakes out of this recipe. The cupcakes are very moist and dark in chocolate flavor. The only thing that threw us all off was an aftertaste that was almost bitter. Maybe I was to use a white vinegar instead of apple cider? Not sure but it really was tasted by 6 of us after eating them. If I try these again I may use a soda as the activator of the baking soda instead of vinegar and see if that helps. Made for Newest Zaar Tag game.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour bouquet pans.
- In large bowl, sift together flour sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add vanilla, water, oil and vinegar; ix well until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into pans, dividing evenly.
- Bake at 325F for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; invert pan and cool completely.