Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light, non-oily clam sauce best served with medium strands of pasta such as spaghetti or linguine. I've had this recipe for years but don't know where it originally came from.
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves or 6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 (10 1/4 ounce) cans baby clams, drained
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled clam juice
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the garlic and saute until it just begins to turn golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the clams and parsley; saute for 1 minute more. Then add the remaining ingredients and gently boil for about 3 minutes before pouring over cooked pasta.
This was okay. I would decrease or delete the basil & oregano as it overwhelms the dish.