Recipe by Auntie Jan
This is a wonderful seafood stew and quick to make but tastes wonderful. Its easy to make and would make a great meal with a rolls to soak up the juice from the stew
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 32 ounces fish stock (your choice) or 32 ounces clam juice (your choice)
- 1 cup white wine
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 8 ounces scallops
- 1 lb red snapper or 1 lb halibut, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (preferably fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery and onion in olive oil to softened.
- Add bay leaf, wine and fish stock reducing by half.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Add all your seafood and simmer for 15 minutes longer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fresh parsley for garnish.
- Serve with crusty rolls