Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I first made this during a vacation where my hostesses had no food on hand. I had to come up with something or starve. This is so simple, quick, delicious and fun to make! It is a kid and adult pleaser, and it can suit most palates. Adjust the butter and brown sugar if you are watching your diet.
- 4 apples, peeled and cored (I prefer Granny Smiths)
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, depending on size of apples
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Chop the apples into bite size pieces.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter. Add in the apples and cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add in brown sugar and cinnamon. Heat until the brown sugar melts into a gooey sauce.
- Serve warm.
This is so good. Great dessert. I like the taste of the burned brown sugar melting with the apples. Thanks Burned Toast :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
Made these for dessert today. They were easy to make and we all enjoyed them. I followed the recipe as written, using the lesser amounts of the ingredients. Made for Spring PAC 2010.