Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another variation using my Simple Basic Unbaked Cheesecake With Variations., from a NZ magazine by guest food writer Genevieve McGough, however I will post all ingredients needed to make it easier for anyone who may want to make this.
- Place melted butter and biscuits in a blender or food processor and combine until fine crumbs.
- Press evenly and firmly into a 23cm (9") spring form or removable base tin.
- Place in fridge.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Heat the rum in a pot on stove until it starts to simmer.
- Add the chocolate and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat on low speed with an electric mixer the cream cheese until lump free and soft.
- Still on low speed slowly add in the sugar.
- Once the sugar is incorporated slowly pour in the cream, still on low speed.
- Turn up the speed and whip the mixture until it holds its shape completely when the beater passes through the mix and the mixture looks a little grainy.
- Spoon 3/4 of the cheesecake filling onto the chilled base and roughly smooth with a spatula.
- Stir the chocolate rum mix into the remaining 1/4 of the cheesecake mixture and beat quickly until smooth.
- Pour onto the top of the cheesecake and roughly flatten with a spatula.
- With a fork, gently turn the mixture over a little to create a marbled effect.
- Flatten top before tapping the tin on bench to remove air bubbles.
- Chill overnight.
- Remove from tin and place on serving plate.
- Cut into slices using a hot dry knife.