Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderfully refreshing COLD treat for a HOT day. Easy to make with ingredients you probably have on hand. Best to make up double-strong coffee the night before, but the cold remains of this morning's pot will do.
- 8 -12 ounces strong coffee, cold
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour milk and chocolate syrup over the ice.
- Add cold coffee and stir well until chocolate syrup is dissolved.
- Can be fancied up with a dollop of whipped cream, a shot of Kahlua, and a few curls of shaved chocolate if you like.
- Diabetics and dieters can substitute sugar-free chocolate syrup.
I love flavored coffees and what better flavor than chocolate. :) Doubled the amount of coffee I put in the coffeemaker and used two tablespoons of chocolate syrup. I stirred together the milk and chocolate before adding the ice and coffee. Very tasty and enjoyed it a lot. Thank you 3KillerBees for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for Comfort Cafe - Summer 2009.
I had this drink this morning, instead of my usual coffee, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it is great, and love the blend of the chocolate syrup and coffee.
Full of flavor and very rich tasting. It does take strong coffee to bring out the blend of the chocolate. I will relax and have a cup of this again! Thanks for sharing this recipe! Prepared as a participant in the March 2008 Photo Challenge