Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
This easy glaze is very versatile, looks impressive and tastes great.
Make and share this Simple Chocolate Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate or 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until chocolate melts, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Use to glaze cakes, cupcakes, icecream or any other dessert.
This is a wonderful thick glaze! I use this on a chocolate chip bundt cake just spooning the glaze around the top of the bundt cake. Since this glaze only calls for 1 cup of chocolate chips, I sprinkle and press in the extra chips in the glaze so that it looks as though the bundt cake has acquired a chocolate crown!
I am very pleased with this glaze recipe. I heated everything in the microwave on 50% power for about 1 minute. When it came out of the microwave I stirred it for a few minutes to finish melting the chips and make the glaze smooth. Right out of the microwave it was very thin but I put it in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes and it was a perfect frosting consistency for the Chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake #272270 I made.
This is great! Mixes up in a flash and looks great dripping down a chocolate bundt cake!!! :) Thanks for posting Chris!!