Recipe by anme
I great basic recipe for cupcakes!
Top Review by bakeacake4stars
I had really bad problems. i think there was too muck sugar in the recipe. When we took them out of the oven, i noticed that it tasted too much like flour and sugar, and did not get enough of the chocolate flavor. The top also came out hard, as well as the cake. I added melted chocolate to the batter, but it still came out nasty. i would ask to change the recipe.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Put cupcake liner in muffin tin OR grease very well muffin tin.
- sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt.
- The in another bowl beat together the butter and sugar and then add the eggs beating very well then mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk to the sugar and be sure to beat well each time!.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- It really depends on how full you fill the muffin tin to decide on the yield. If you want really domed cupcakes fill them almost full.