Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This starts out as my Simple Vanilla Ice Cream and then adds the mini chocolate chips at the end. It's just as simple to make, and makes a nice change from plain vanilla. Time does not include freezing time in the ice cream machine as each machine is a bit different, nor do the ingredients include the ice and salt for the machine. Use the best vanilla possible for the best flavor.
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate morsels together thoroughly.
- Freeze in ice cream machine.
- Add chocolate morsels near the end of the freezing process.