Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies take a little while to prepare, but they're completely worth it!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375*.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar, brown sugar, and butter together until blended. Use an electric mixer for best results.
- Add eggs, egg, yolks, and vanilla to sugar mixture.
- Slowly add in flour mixture until blended. Don't over mix!
- Using a fork, fold chocolate chips and nuts into cookie dough.
- Use a rounded tablespoon to scoop small balls of dough onto baking sheet. Place in the oven, set a timer, and enjoy! (If using a stone to bake, the first batch will take a little longer to bake. Don't worry!).