Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, easy, very tasty AND its chocolate-what more do you want?
- 75 g softened unsalted butter
- 75 g caster sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate (I use one containing 70% cocoa solid)
- 75 g plain white flour
- 50 g plain whole wheat flour (or just substitute for white)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and line a baking sheet with non stick paper.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Melt 75g of the chocolate. Chop the remaining chocolate into little chunks.
- Add the melted chocolate into the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift the flours, cocoa and baking powder. Beat it into the chocolate mixture. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop teaspoon size balls onto baking sheet, press down slightly. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp on the outside. They may be a little soft in the middle--this is the melted chocolate. Allow to cool on the tray.
Definitely easy and quick to make. I ended up with 16 biscuits from the mix. I would suggest a cooking time of 20 minutes or even less would be better. Mine baked for slightly over the 20 minute mark and a few ended up slightly charred around the edges. Nice crunchy texture as you'd expect from a cookie. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap May 2013.
Made these as given in the recipe & had no problem with them being too hard, since they did go right from the oven directly onto a buffet where they were devoured within about 20 minutes, so . . . ! Absolutely wonderful, but then that observation does come from a confirmed chocoholic! Thanks for this simple recipe that makes a great tasting treat! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
The DS took these to recreation music group where they were enjoyed. I got 9 biscuits out of the mix and baked at 175C fan forced oven for 18 minutes with some just getting a bit too dark around the edge. I used a 86% cocoa chocolate and would highly recommend using a high cocoa content chocolate which is why I think my first batch was a dismal failure due to using everyday chocolate. Thank you Noo, made for Please Review My Recipe.