Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just a recipe I picked up at Safeway when they were demonstrating it. Serving amount is a guess.
- 7 ounces steam fried Chinese noodles
- 6 slices ginger
- 2 stalks green onions (cut in 1-inch strips)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Put noodles in 4 cups of salted boiling water. Cook 1-2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Drain and dry.
- Heat oil in wok or frypan until smoking hot.
- Add ginger and onion stir for 30 seconds.
- Add noodles and fry for 5 minutes over med heat.
- Add sauce, and stir until coated.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Sometimes I add some julienned carrots or broccoli to this.
It worked and now people think i'm the coolest dad.
These were good! We paired them to this yummy recipe of tofu bites, and then we added some broccoli and carrots to the noodle cooking water and threw it all in together. We did add hoisin sauce after because there seemed to be a lacking sweetness. So, maybe we will cut back on the Oyster suace and add hoisin instead? But thanks, these were great - quick and fit the bill!!
Simple, but very good. Makes a great asian side dish. I used linguine noodles and added some garlic. You could easily add some ciiked chicken and/or other veggies and make a meal out of this. Thanx for posting this!