Recipe by HokiesMom
I like this recipe as it simply uses sliced almonds and is very simple to make. A nice soft cookie that stores well if kept in an airtight container.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
these cookies are buttery delicious, I used 1 teaspoon each almond and vanilla extract other than that I made no other changes, I baked mine in a air convection oven just under 325 degrees for about 8 minutes, great cookies Hoks, thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt together (I use a whisk) and then gradually add it to the creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a fork. Press down 3-4 almond slices into the cookie (kind of on their side).
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water together.
- Brush over cookies.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.