Recipe by stormylee
One of my favourite weekday dishes! This is my take on a Weight Watchers recipe a friend of mine gave me years ago. I've been making it often ever since, dieting or not! It's quick and simple to make and you can easily adjust it to your personal taste. For a vegetarian version, substitute vegetable broth for the beef broth.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
Wonderful! I used a red bell pepper and about a tablespoon of chili powder which gave it good flavor without heating it up too much (I wasn't in my usual spicy mood). I served it with a green salad and it was just the right amount of food for my husband and me. I will definitely be making this easy and healthy recipe again--thank you!
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 200 ml beef broth
- 400 g can kidney beans
- 70 g can tomato paste
- salt (optional)
- chili powder (to taste)
- oregano (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop bell pepper and onion in bite-size chunks.
- Rinse and drain kidney beans.
- Heat oil in frying pan and saute bell pepper and onion chunks until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth and the kidney beans.
- Stir in tomato paste, salt (if using), chili powder and oregano.
- Heat gently but do not boil.
- Serve with fresh, crusty bread.