One of my favourite weekday dishes! This is my take on a Weight Watchers recipe a friend of mine gave me years ago. I've been making it often ever since, dieting or not! It's quick and simple to make and you can easily adjust it to your personal taste. For a vegetarian version, substitute vegetable broth for the beef broth.
- Chop bell pepper and onion in bite-size chunks.
- Rinse and drain kidney beans.
- Heat oil in frying pan and saute bell pepper and onion chunks until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth and the kidney beans.
- Stir in tomato paste, salt (if using), chili powder and oregano.
- Heat gently but do not boil.
- Serve with fresh, crusty bread.