1/1 Photo of Simple Chili Stew
One of my favourite weekday dishes! This is my take on a Weight Watchers recipe a friend of mine gave me years ago. I've been making it often ever since, dieting or not! It's quick and simple to make and you can easily adjust it to your personal taste. For a vegetarian version, substitute vegetable broth for the beef broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop bell pepper and onion in bite-size chunks.
- 2Rinse and drain kidney beans.
- 3Heat oil in frying pan and saute bell pepper and onion chunks until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add beef broth and the kidney beans.
- 5Stir in tomato paste, salt (if using), chili powder and oregano.
- 6Heat gently but do not boil.
- 7Serve with fresh, crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Chili Stew
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 1110.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 13.7 g