- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, split lengthwise and seeded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 eggs, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greased 8-inch square baking dish, lay chiles out flat; cover evenly with cheese slices.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, moist peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat yolks until well combined.
- Fold beaten yolks gently into whites and spoon evenly over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for 20 minutes or till egg is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.