Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wanted to make an easy chicken soup. So I looked in my cabinet and used what I had on hand. My Mom loved it so much she said I should share it with you. You can adjust the spiciest by added more or less Rotel.
- 8 cups water
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 5 ounces Rotel Tomatoes
- 5 1⁄2 ounces v 8 vegetable juice
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 3 knorr chicken bouillon cubes
- 9 ounces canned chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- 2 avocados
- Put the water, tomatoes and V-8 juice in a large pot.
- Add broken up chicken bouillon.
- Drain cans of chicken and add them in next.
- Chop up onion and add it into the pot.
- Add in garlic and the rest of the seasoning.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to medium.
- Cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips and avocado.