Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Just a very basic, surprisingly delicious recipe for basic chicken soup made in a crock pot. I even surprised myself!
- 1360.77 g roasting chickens
- 907.18 g carrots, baby
- 473.18 ml celery, with leaves, chopped roughly
- 2 large onions, chopped roughly
- 2 bay leaves
- 396.89 g can chicken broth
- 236.59 ml frozen peas (use later in recipe)
- 14.79 ml dehydrated dried parsley, approx. 1-Tblsp . (use later with peas)
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- Layer in crock pot in this order:.
- Starting at bottom:.
- -Bay leaves.
- -Chicken (whole).
- -pour in broth till not quite half way up (save the rest for when you get home to add at the end) I kept in fridge but NOT in the can.
- Put on high for 1-hr. before you leave for work, then LOW until you get home. I had it on low from 8:00am till 5:30pm and it was done perfectly!
- Remove the chick and de-bone it, put chick back in soup w/rest of canned soup from refrigerator.
- OH, THEN I ADDED SOME FROZEN PEAS AND DEHYDRATED PARSLEY FLAKES.
- I had cooked rice but I would never put it into the soup, we just put it in our bowls and added the soup -- perfect and REALLY DELICIOUS!