10 hrs 15 mins
Just a very basic, surprisingly delicious recipe for basic chicken soup made in a crock pot. I even surprised myself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 lbs carrots, baby
- 2 cups celery, with leaves, chopped roughly
- 2 large onions, chopped roughly
- 2 bay leaves
- 0.5 (28 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas (use later in recipe)
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated dried parsley, approx. 1-Tblsp . (use later with peas)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1Layer in crock pot in this order:.
- 2Starting at bottom:.
- 6-Bay leaves.
- 7-Chicken (whole).
- 8-pour in broth till not quite half way up (save the rest for when you get home to add at the end) I kept in fridge but NOT in the can.
- 9Put on high for 1-hr. before you leave for work, then LOW until you get home. I had it on low from 8:00am till 5:30pm and it was done perfectly!
- 10Remove the chick and de-bone it, put chick back in soup w/rest of canned soup from refrigerator.
- 11OH, THEN I ADDED SOME FROZEN PEAS AND DEHYDRATED PARSLEY FLAKES.
- 12I had cooked rice but I would never put it into the soup, we just put it in our bowls and added the soup -- perfect and REALLY DELICIOUS!
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Chicken Soup Made in Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.8
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 714.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 47.1 g