Recipe by soccermom
This recipe uses leftover cooked chicken and mainly items kept in the pantry and freezer. It takes less than a half hour to prepare.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (frozen diced works well)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 11 ounces v 8 vegetable juice
- 8 ounces medium salsa (I use Green Mountain Gringo)
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces frozen peeled frozen peeled & deveined medium shrimp
- tortilla chips, broken into bite size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw shrimp.
- In saucepan, cook onion and cumin in oil about 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the chicken broth, V8 juice, salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 8-10minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Top each serving with broken tortilla chips.