Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe uses leftover cooked chicken and mainly items kept in the pantry and freezer. It takes less than a half hour to prepare.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (frozen diced works well)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 11 ounces v 8 vegetable juice
- 8 ounces medium salsa (I use Green Mountain Gringo)
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces frozen peeled frozen peeled & deveined medium shrimp
- tortilla chips, broken into bite size pieces
- Thaw shrimp.
- In saucepan, cook onion and cumin in oil about 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the chicken broth, V8 juice, salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 8-10minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Top each serving with broken tortilla chips.