Easy recipe, modified from one I saw in a Penzey's catalog. Good way to use up leftover chicken, or that forgotten bag of egg noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add cayenne, ginger & chicken to pot, stir to mix.
- 2Add chicken broth, bring to a boil and reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles 2 minutes less than package states.
- 4Taste soup. If you would like it spicier, add another 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne, or to taste.
- 5Divide noodles in 4 bowls and pour soup on top. Garnish with green onions.
- 6Tip: If not eating all the soup now, store noodles and soup separately or else they will expand and absorb all the liquid.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Chicken & Egg Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 801.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 20.1 g