Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy recipe, modified from one I saw in a Penzey's catalog. Good way to use up leftover chicken, or that forgotten bag of egg noodles.
- Heat oil in soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add cayenne, ginger & chicken to pot, stir to mix.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil and reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles 2 minutes less than package states.
- Taste soup. If you would like it spicier, add another 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne, or to taste.
- Divide noodles in 4 bowls and pour soup on top. Garnish with green onions.
- Tip: If not eating all the soup now, store noodles and soup separately or else they will expand and absorb all the liquid.