Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice dinner after a long day at work. Add some rice or a veggie and you have a good meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices swiss cheese or 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices smoked ham
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Pound chicken breast to ¼-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on each breast.
- Roll up each breast using toothpicks to secure if necessary.
- Dredge each in flour, shake off excess, then in egg and finally in bread crumbs.
- Place seam side down in baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter on each piece of chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine broth and whipping cream; season to taste (salt, pepper, garlic, oregano).
- Simmer on low stirring until thickened;
- Pour over chicken.
I make this recipe fairly often, and it's always a hit. Although I usually skip the sauce.