Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is simple to make, smells wonderful, and tastes delicious! I've prepared this dish for friends, and many have asked for the recipe so they can make this dish at home. And it is SIMPLE to make! Can be served with pasta or rice, crusty bread, and green salad!
- 6 skinless chicken legs
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 26 ounces ragu tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet (or chicken fryer) saute bell peppers, onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is tender.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken and add to the frying pan; brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove chicken, bell peppers and onion to large casserole dish. Pour spaghetti sauce and canned tomatoes over chicken.
- Bake 1 hour or until chicken is completely cooked through.
A very tasty dish. The chicken was moist and tender. I used the whole can of diced tomatoes, but my pan was so full to the brim that I didn't use the whole 26 ounces of pasta sauce. Nonetheless, it was positively delicious. Made for the 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag game.
We really enjoyed the flavor of this dish. I really enjoyed how easy it was to make. I did use regular tomato basil pasta sauce not fat free but otherwise made as posted. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.