Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very simple and easy chicken & brown rice meal. I make this in my electric skillet for a one-dish meal. This has always been one of my favorite meals my mom makes; it's healthy and delicious!
- Brown chicken (in hot oil if desired).
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley, lemon peel, and pepper.
- Cover & let stand until rice is tender (5-10 minutes.
This is just as promised, simple. Since I never buy instant rice mine took quite a bit longer but that was fine, I just started the rice sooner and let it till 99% done and then proceeded with the recipe. I did sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder while it was browning. All in all it made a hearty yet simple dinner served with green peas.