1/6 Photos of Simple Chicken Biryani
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g chicken breasts or 750 g chicken thighs, diced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated finely
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 300 g basmati rice
- fresh coriander
- 1Preheat oven too 200°C.
- 2Place chicken in bowl with, cumin, garam masala & tumeric and toss to coat.
- 3Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in dutch oven (or casserole) add the chicken in batches and cook 3-4 minutes or until browned all over, adding a little more oil if necessary.
- 4Remove and set aside.
- 5Add the remaining oil, onion, ginger and garlic to the casserole and cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and golden.
- 6Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7Return the chicken in a single layer and pour over the stock.
- 8Put the lid on and place in oven.
- 9Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the rice is tender and has absorbed all the stock.
- 10Top with coriander before serving. I like to serve mine with cumin and mint yogurt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Chicken Biryani
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.6
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 398.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 50.4 g