Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple chicken bake recipe -- simple to make, simple flavors.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix, prepared
- Flatten each chicken breast with rolling pin and place in greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Place cheese slice over chicken.
- Combine chicken soup and 1/3 cup water and pour over chicken.
- Mix stuffing mix according to package directions and sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
My sister just made this exact recipe except she put on a layer of deli ham under the cheese and called it chicken cordon bleu. Very good, easy and quick casserole to make.
My whole family loved it! We loved the flavor and I loved the ease of preparation. The only things I did differently was 1) substituted FF milk for the water and poured the soup mixture on top of the stuffing. Chicken came out so tender. This one is going to be repeated a lot!
For a simple meal to throw together the flavors are excellent! I used provolone cheese slices (all I had in slice form) and a chicken & herbs soup as it has lower sodium content. I think this would be great to have some broccoli chopped up into it before baking! Fantastic dinner that took no time at all to get in the pan! Thanks iewe for sharing another keeper! Tagged in the Potluck Tag game!