Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious asparagus and asiago cheese rolled in skinless boneless chicken breasts.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, black, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 8 asparagus spears, fresh
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Pregeat oven to 400F degrees.
- Spray a casserole dish with veggie spray and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts halves between plastic sheets and pound with a mallet to about a half inch thick. Skin side down sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper; sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over each chicken breast half; lay four asparagus spears crossways on top of cheese.
- Carefully roll chicken using tooth picks to close if necessary.
- Lay rolls in prepared casserole dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper and spray chicken with veggie spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Most excellent! Dh and I both enjoyed this recipe. I didn't change a thing and it was delicious. Served this with Glazed Carrots and cream green peas. Thanks for sharing your recipe! :)