Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Okay so the hubby and kids HATE tofu right? They don't know what they are missing. This is one way to slip in those soy isofavones that they need. The chicken comes out fantastic too. I like to serve this with rice, steamed green beans, mango chutney and flat bread (flour tortillas work fine). There are many kinds of curry; I use a powdered one from a local natural foods store. Take the time to try a few and find one that is right for your family, some are hot and some are savory. Yummy.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, in bite-sized pieces
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 8 ounces chicken stock (or bullion, I use "Better than Bullion')
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, cubed
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok.
- Sweat the onion and brown the chicken add the tofu and brown a little (for that crispness that tofu usually lacks).
- In a bowl mix curry into coconut milk and add chicken stock.
- Pour liquids over meat mixture.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Take care not to boil because this will cause the tofu to disintegrate.