Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This chowder makes a nice supper when you want something simple, yet it is very tasty. We enjoy having cornbread with it. It couldn't be any easier to make!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 dash black pepper
- Saute the onion and celery in the butter until softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Do not add any salt, it's not needed.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until hot but do not boil.
I thought it was great. I made it the other week and we loved it. It was just like Campbell's chicken and corn chowder. my boyfriend requested it again today and omg I lost the recipe. but yay i just now found it. oh yea I added diced potatoes and fresh corn and simmered it all in a pot till the potatoes were soft. oh so tasty
Nice and easy recipe. It needed some 'oomph' for me though, so I added freshly chopped jalapenos and a little ground cumin. I also added some cooked chicken pieces as Merlot did. This will be my 'break' food all week at work. Thanks for an easy recipe GranJan.
Now this is a quick and easy chowder when you are short on time yet it is full of flavor. I added some cooked chicken pieces that I had on hand. Everyone asked for the recipe. Thanks for sharing, GranJan.