Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got the original recipe from Food.com RonaNZ and tweaked it a bit to suit myself so here are the tweaks. Please feel free to tweak it some more to suit yourself.
- 1 onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 lb bok choy
- chop the onion and garlic into little little chunks.
- fry the onion and garlic into the oil.
- chop the chicken breast into little little cubes as well.
- add the chicken to the onion and garlic and stir to brown the chicken.
- add the chicken stock (or use vegetable stock), a few grinds of pepper, the soy sauce and the chili garlic sauce.
- rinse the bok choy thoroughly.
- twist the leaves of the bok choy ribs.
- chop the bok choy ribs coarsely and add to the soup.
- bring the soup up to a boil, put a lid on it and then down to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- roughly chop the bok chopy leaves and add to the soup.
- simmer for another 2 minutes.
- feel free to add more soy sauce and chili garlic sauce to your individual bowls according to personal taste.