Recipe by PSU Lioness
The kids will love these and they are so much better than the store bought junk! It's a fairly simple recipe and you can add whatever dried fruit you want to get a different flavor. And if you're having a chocolate craving, stir in 1/2 c chocolate chips!
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, oats and raisins (or other fruit). Set aside.
- In a small pan, mix brown sugar and corn syrup. Heat and stir until boiling.
- Remove brown sugar mixture from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour brown sugar/peanut butter mixture over the cereal mixture and stir to mix well (until everything appears to be coated in the peanut butter mixture).
- Spray a 9x13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and press the mixture firmly into it.
- Cool and cut into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container.