Recipe by tootsie in Pacific Northwest, USA
When our kids were playing soccer in a county team, this was one of my go to treats to take for after the game. They are so quick to do and really tasty.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very good! I cut recipe down to make a 9 x 9 pan (I used just the egg yolk to make "1/2 egg"). I used chocolate chips, but will try dried cranberries next time. Great sweet treat that isn't too high in anything. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips, raisins, nuts (or a combo)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips with fork until moistened (mixture wil be crumbly). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press mixture into an ungreased 13x9x2" pan. Bake until center is set, 15 to 17 minutes. Cut into bars, about 3x1 1/2 ", while warm.