Recipe by jenbuko
This is the type of meal you want to make in a rush or not! Simple, fast and tastes great! This is the best pot pie my husband and I have ever eaten!
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked ham
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup bisquick cheesy biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meat and vegetables in a 9in. round baking dish.
- Make the sauce: Melt butter over medium heat, add flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly add chicken broth, whisky constantly to eliminate clumps. Bring to a simmer, still whisking. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in cheese until melted. Pour over meat and vegetables. Mix well.
- Biscuit topping: Stir together all ingredients with a fork until even moistened. Spread over mixture in baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until the topping is golden and filling is bubbly.