Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
When I first saw this recipe I could not believe how easy it was. Of course, I can't leave a recipe alone, and added a few changes to make it more "mine."
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the ziti. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes, then drain the pasta.
- Place the ziti in a large bowl.
- Mix with the ricotta and half of the mozzarella.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Use butter, it tastes better.
- Mix the oregano and the paprika into the spaghetti sauce.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the ziti mixture and cover with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes, until the casserole bubbles on the edges.
I made this and just added ground turkey to the tomato sauce. It was one of the best baked ziits I have ever had!
I made this using a little less spaghetti sauce and it worked, but I think next time I'd use the full amount to ensure that all the pasta is covered and doesn't get dried out. It is simple to make and the results were delicious! Thanks for a meal that was enjoyed by all!
This was one of the best ziti's that I have ever made. The family devoured it. I made this exactly as directed and the dish was deliciuos. I served this with garlic bread. Thanks Mirj for this keeper