Recipe by Mirj
When I first saw this recipe I could not believe how easy it was. Of course, I can't leave a recipe alone, and added a few changes to make it more "mine."
- 1⁄2 lb dried ziti pasta
- 1 lb ricotta cheese (part skim)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the ziti. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes, then drain the pasta.
- Place the ziti in a large bowl.
- Mix with the ricotta and half of the mozzarella.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Use butter, it tastes better.
- Mix the oregano and the paprika into the spaghetti sauce.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the ziti mixture and cover with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes, until the casserole bubbles on the edges.