Adapted from a recipe I found in Sunset magazine around 1970. Back in those bad old days there were no frozen cheesecakes and recipes for cheesecake were few and far between. My mother loved cheesecakes and was thrilled when I found a recipe. This makes a firm, dense product. Preparation time doesn't include cooling.
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 118.29 ml sour cream (mixed with 2 tbsp sugar) (optional) or 236.59 ml cherry pie filling (optional) or 473.18 ml fresh strawberries (optional) or 473.18 ml prepared Jello gelatin (optional)
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and eggs.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or till a 3 inch circle in center jiggles.
- Cool 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with desired topping. Lemon Jello is especially pretty.