Adapted from a recipe I found in Sunset magazine around 1970. Back in those bad old days there were no frozen cheesecakes and recipes for cheesecake were few and far between. My mother loved cheesecakes and was thrilled when I found a recipe. This makes a firm, dense product. Preparation time doesn't include cooling.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (mixed with 2 tbsp sugar) (optional) or 1 cup cherry pie filling (optional) or 2 cups fresh strawberries (optional) or 2 cups prepared Jello gelatin (optional)
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and eggs.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or till a 3 inch circle in center jiggles.
- Cool 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with desired topping. Lemon Jello is especially pretty.
This was awesome, I made as stated and used cherry topping and dh absolutely loved it.. Thanks country wife for a great recipe that I will use again. :)
Simple is what this cheesecake really is! In no time at all I had the ingredients blended together and the cheesecake in the oven. I did refrigerate overnight and we enjoyed this topped with cherry pie filling. The graham cracker crust has a slight nutty flavor, a wonderful mouth feel to the cheesecake itself, not overly tangy, every flavor comes thru! Thank you countrywife, we will enjoy this recipe again!