Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great side dish and with only about 85 calories per serving, it's very diet-friendly. I love this recipe so much I frequently eat it all by itself!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 3 stalks celery
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Separate cauliflower into similar sized florets and chop celery in very small pieces.
- Steam together until very tender; at least 15 minutes.
- Smash together with cheese, hummus, garlic, and cumin using a fork or potato masher to a coarse consistency.
- If desired, garnish with paprika.
Mashed potatoes has met its match in our household! These tasted great, and are low carb, too. The combination of flavors was perfect. DH says he could eat this every week. (High praise for him.) I used mixed shredded cheese instead of parmesan, but I'm going to try parmesan next time. Thank you, Atiekay, for posting this wonderful recipe.
This is really a nice side dish, very tasty, healthy and filling! Loved the addition of the celery, added a surprising flavor and texture. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012