1/3 Photos of Simple Carrots and Celery Side Dish
This is a super simple and tasty side dish. I think celery is an underused vegetable and this is a nice way of using it. The vegetable stock can be a little bit salty so if you don't use a low sodium variety this is best served with a meal that doesn't otherwise have a lot of salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put stock in medium sized pot and bring to a rapid boil.
- 2Add the carrots and the celery to the pot.
- 3Boil for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- 4Scoop out the veggies and serve. Most of the liquid will be boiled away so you can simple discard that but it I am serving plain rice I will often spoon it over the top since it is tasty and there isn't much of it.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Carrots and Celery Side Dish
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 113.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: